Ohio Dental Insurance Options Made Easy
Are you looking for dental coverage but struggling to find the perfect plan? With so many options available it certainly makes sense that your head is spinning. We at One Source Benefits would like to alleviate some of that struggle and point you in the best direction for your individual needs.
How do Ohio Dental Insurance Plans work?
Ohio dental insurance is similar to health insurance and works the same way. You choose a plan, pay a monthly premium and get coverage for dental procedures. Some plans will provide more benefits than others. Prices for OH dental insurance plans vary depending on the coverage offered, and will also depend on the company you choose to buy your plan from.
Types of OH Dental Insurance Coverage
- Basic coverage – This would cover a specific number of cleanings, regular checkups, x-rays, and other services that promote dental health.
- Minor dental care – This usually includes common minor procedures such as a tooth filling. Your dental insurance plan would pay a part of the cost of fillings and other common procedures in addition to a simple cleaning or check-up.
- Major dental care – Policies that offer full coverage will pay a small part of the cost for very expensive procedures such as root canals, tooth extractions, denture fittings, and surgeries. These procedures are considered major dental care and as they cost a lot, even minimal coverage can be very helpful.
OH Dental Insurance Plan Categories
Just as in the case of health insurance plans, Ohio dental insurance plans can be broadly divided into two categories: indemnity plans and managed-care plans.
Compared to managed-care plans, Ohio indemnity plans offer you a wider choice of dental healthcare providers. This means you can even choose an out-of-network dentist. When you buy an indemnity plan, you have to pay upfront and your carrier will pay for the services you use only after it receives the bill.
With managed-care, you have to see a dental care professional that is in the insurance company’s provider network. If you have a family dentist, it would therefore be useful to purchase an Ohio dental insurance plan that includes your dentist.
Get the Right Guidance from One Source Benefits
Regardless of the type of dental insurance you are looking for, we can provide you with the guidance to choose a plan that meets your budget and your specific needs and budget. There are many factors to consider when choosing a plan. We can help you get free and affordable quotes for the various types of OH dental insurance plans:
- Individual dental insurance
- Supplementary dental insurance
- Dental insurance group
- Family dental insurance
- Student dental insurance
All of the plans available through our website come from leading health insurance companies. Check out the options listed below. Then simplify your search for Ohio dental insurance by calling us today at 1- 877- 549- 1212 to discuss your needs and compare plans. Let us help you find your perfect dental insurance.
Anthem: Dental Blue Options
Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield offer 3 plans that are great for individuals or their families. They are the Dental Blue Basic 100, the Dental Blue Essential 100, and the Dental Blue Essential 200. One of the biggest perks for all of the Dental Blue plans is the 100% coverage for regularly scheduled teeth cleanings and checkups. This is so important for maintaining good overall health that Anthem offers this for all their dental plans. It is also imperative to note that the thousands of dentists covered through these plans are very accredited and trustworthy. So even if you do not especially like the dentist’s office, at least you can rest assured you are in good hands.
Anthem Blue Basic 100:
The first and most basic of the Anthem dental plans is the Dental Blue Basic 100. This plan offers complete coverage for the cost for regular preventive and diagnostic care (this includes regular cleanings, x-rays, and fluoride applications), and covers 80% for minor repairs with a $50 deductible (such as fillings, also composites and space maintainers), but does not include coverage for major repairs. You would then receive care from any Dental Blue 100 dentist.
Dental Blue Basic Rates:
- Ages 0-18: Monthly rate of $14.50
- Ages 19-64: Monthly rate of $20.50
Anthem Blue Essential 100:
Anthem’s Essential 100 plan is a medium coverage plan which offers the same benefits for regular preventive care and diagnostic care as the basic, but then will pay a set amount for minor and major restoration both in and out of network after a $50 deductible. This means that under the Essential 100 fillings and basic extractions would be covered after the $50 deductible. Major restorative services such as oral surgery, crowns, bridges, dentures, root canals, scaling and root planning will be covered based on the previously determined rate and after the $50 deductible. Both the Basic and Essential 100 plans are covered by the same dental professionals that are in the 100 plans.
Dental Blue Essential 100 Rates:
- Ages 0-18: Monthly rate of $17.50
- Ages 19-64: Monthly rate of $24.50
Anthem Blue Essential 200:
Finally, we have BlueCross’ most extensive plan, the Essential 200. It is the most extensive mainly because it offers the widest variety of dental professionals of the three plans. The benefits however, are the same as the Dental Blue Essential 100.
Dental Blue Essential 200 Rates:
- Ages 0-18: Monthly rate of $23.00
- Ages 19-64: Monthly rate of $33.00
Advantages to Becoming an Anthem Member:
- You will have a great coverage through Anthem’s BlueCard program. It ensures coverage all over the country and world!
- You will be part of one of the largest tri-state networks of doctors and hospitals. This also means more discounts and an overall stable, trustworthy name.
- For those who want to increase their health you can receive member discounts through special [email protected] for health products and services, including Lasik vision and weightloss.
- MyAnthem online has helpful tools to assist you in managing and understanding your benefits.
- Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield cover one in three Americans. That’s a name worth trusting!
Seeking Professional Assistance: A Great Option
An experienced insurance agent would be glad to assist you in choosing the best coverage for you and your families’ needs. Understanding the basics of the plans will help ensure that you also make a well-informed decision and truly understand your coverage options, but there is no substitute for experience. Please feel free to contact us so we can walk you through the process of finding great dental coverage at an affordable rate.
Click here to download Anthem Dental Insurance Application Form
*Application must be completed in one session.
For more information please contact an Authorized Insurance Agent at:
ONE SOURCE BENEFITS LLC
Anthem Dental Layout:
Spirit Dental Options:
Spirit Dental and Vision is a dental provider that has many available plans that will get you great coverage at a rate affordable to you. These plans allow you to choose your dentist, will not allow you to be turned down, there is no wait time, three cleanings per year, and implants and major services and covered. And you can choose from a $1,200, $2,000, or $3,000 maximum plan. Sound like something that might interest you? Keep reading!
Spirit Dental gives options for coverage from several insurance companies in the industry. This top providers include Delta Dental, IHC, Madison Life, Careington PPO, Security Life, and Premier Dental Group PPO to name a few. With so many options available Spirit Dental is committed to finding you the best coverage in these trying economic times. Unfortunately, it is easy to over-look dental coverage with so many other daily expenses, but dental health is so vital to your overall health that it really should not be excluded. Spirit Dental is here to help ensure that no one goes without dental insurance.
For more information please visit One Source Benefits or call us at 877-549-1212.
Help from a Dental Spirit Representative
Would you like to speed up the process of purchasing dental insurance and have a professional with twenty-five years of experience guiding you along the way? One Source Benefits would be glad to walk you through the process and help you make great decisions that will improve your health and not cost more than you can afford. Please give us a call with any questions you may have; we would love to help you!
One Source Benefits LLC
Medical Mutual Dental Insurance
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a well-known and well-established insurance agency. They know the importance of good and fast coverage and have plans that will meet your needs. Their primary plan is called SuperMed One Dental Benefits. Here are some of their perks:
SuperMed dental plan:
- SuperMed has a $50 deductible per person for in-network services and $100 per person out-of-network services
- All major and regular services are primarily covered at 100% in-network and 80% out-of-network. These would include oral exams, fillings, x-rays, fluoride treatment, space maintainers, and emergency Palliative treatment including the oral exam.
DP Dental Plan
- A discount dental plan that may be best for you if you are trying to keep expenses down but still have coverage.
- The largest network of dentists
- You get to choose from 30 of the finest discount providers
- You could save 10-60% on your dental procedures
Please take time to fill out this form and call us at 877-549-1212 with any questions you may have.
HumanaOne Dental Plans
Humana offers four plans to pick from that meet a variety of needs. Beginning with the Dental Discount plan and ending with the Loyalty Plus plan, Humana has a lot to offer. Take a look at their competitive rate and coverage.
Humana One Plans Compared:
- Covers 20-50% on most services
- Will except even if you have pre-existing conditions
- No wait – make appointment immediately
- There are no claim forms
- $50 for regular cleanings, $75 for X-rays, $26 for periodic oral evaluations
- Enrollment fee or $35, Monthly payment $10.95 (for one person)
- This plan is not considered insurance
- No dentist selection required prior to start up
- Covers most preventative and diagnostic procedures at 100%
- $10 copayment for office visits
- Dentist selection required prior to set up
- No hidden costs
- Pre-existing coverage from time of start
- Enrollment fee $35, monthly payment of $15.10 (for one person)
- Visit whatever dentist you like
- Most preventative services covered at 100% for in-network services
- Extra discounts for in-network dentists
- No Copayments
- $1,000 annual max per person
- Deductibles: $50 one person, $100 for two people, $150 a family
- Enrollment fee of $35, $18.99 for monthly premium (for one person)
- Visit any dentist
- Benefits go up every year for the first 3 years
- Get benefits at effective date, no additional wait
- Increased coverage for treatments, fillings, and root canals, with 100% coverage on most preventative care
- Accepts pre-existing conditions
- One time deductible for length of plan, $150 per person, $450 a family
- $33.74 Monthly payment (for one person)
Please feel free to visit Humana
And please call us with any questions or to have us run some quotes for you. We at One Source Benefits would love to help you find the best option for your dental coverage.
One Source Benefits LLC