Affordable Kentucky Short Term Health Insurance
Short-term health insurance is a stopgap arrangement for individuals who need insurance fast and for a short time period to tide over a special situation. One Source Benefits can help you find a short-term Kentucky health insurance plan to suit your needs if you are temporarily uninsured and in any one of the following ‘in-between’ situations:
- Working part-time
- Recently graduated and not covered by a parent’s policy
- Waiting for employer sponsored coverage to begin
- Have lost coverage following a divorce
- Recently discharged from the military
- Between jobs and trying to avoid expensive COBRA coverage
- An early retiree
Leading private health insurance providers offer policies to help Kentucky residents obtain coverage for a period of one to six months. These plans are designed to help them face a health crisis at a time when they do not have traditional individual health insurance coverage.
- Coverage can start immediately: It is easy to apply for a Kentucky short-term health insurance plan and with most insurers, coverage begins the next day. It may be even possible for you to enroll in a plan by making a single payment, provided you know the number of days you need coverage.
- There are coverage limits: Short-term health insurance plans typically do not cover the cost of treatment and medication for pre-existing medical conditions. Prescription drugs are covered for an accident or illness that occurs during the plan period. Most plans cover several physician services, hospital visits, surgery and inpatient care. In-network services are cheaper, but policy holders can also opt for out-of-network care at a higher cost. Recent reform offers new options for individuals with pre-existing conditions who have not had insurance for at least six months.
- Underwriting is limited: Most plans only ask questions such as whether you have or have had a heart condition, diabetes, acquired immune disease or whether you are currently pregnant.
- Plans are non-renewable: Short-term health insurance plans are non-renewable. Once a plan ends, it has to be reapplied for.
Whatever the nature of your short-term condition or need, we can help you find a suitable health insurance plan without delay. Short term health insurance plans vary between carriers. We can help you check the list of exclusions on policies and compare price quotes online. Just tell us about your health insurance needs and we can help you decide on the type of coverage that will best meet them.
To contact us, call 1- 877-549-1212 (toll free) or click here: